For the Stack Base (Makes 2)
- 20gm bocconcini cheese (small) sliced
- 1 Roma tomato (ripe)
- 1 Punnet Medley of cherry tomatoes
- (I have used Russet,black Russian , red and yellow )
- 1 Tsp Smoked Lemon chilli salt (I use my artisan range for this recipe)
- 20gm Goats cheese (mixed into a paste)
- 10 leaves Basil fresh
For Pork Floss and Parmesan Crisps
- 80gm grated Parmesan cheese ( Ive used Grana Padano)
- 40gm Pork floss
- 1 Large ring (just like what I have used in the video
(You can lightly grease the ring with a bit of grape seed oil)
For Basil Pesto (This makes a lot) Makes 900ml
I always make a bit so that I can use this recipe of other applications as well
- 125g walnut kernels
- 10 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 600ml extra virgin olive oil
- 250g shredded parmesan
- 90 gm pine nuts
- 3 bunch basil
- Stir the walnuts and pine nuts in a frying pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until light golden and aromatic.
- Set aside to cool.
- Process the walnuts, basil and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Add oil and process until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the parmesan.
For Final Presentation
- Gently de-mould the stack
- Drizzle the basil pesto and its oil around the stack
- Add a few smaller leaves of the baby basil and baby mint
- Garnish with a nice large pork floss and parmesan crisp